We are happy to be taking full advantage of the extra time at home during the pandemic. We’re trying to tidy paperwork and processes so we can fly out of the gates when we can safely travel again. Here are some of the highlights of what we’ve been up to:
* We have had many successful Zoom meetings to keep in touch with officers and our membership
* We have moved our Post Office box and have a new address. It is now:
L/CPL Robert J. Slattery Detachment #206, Marine Corps League,
P.O. Box 206, East Hanover, NJ 07936
* We have new officers authorized to conduct banking at our bank
* I have sent an email to every Detachment member with a valid email address to update all contact information
* I have updated our local and National rosters to reflect our most current membership contact information
* We will be creating a new website. It will be easier to navigate, calendars will be easy to find, online clothing/items ordering, contact names and numbers to support our members and new members. We’re excited!!
I would like to encourage all of you to reach out to Marines, families and friends to join our Detachment. We are in need of new and active members to allow us to grow and continue to reach out to Veterans and our community to help where we can. I can answer any membership questions and I process all of the membership renewals and new applications. I can be reached by phone at 908-809-2162 or email
Please look for our communications in your email inbox and join us at our next Zoom meeting. It’s easy; you don’t even have to put on your shoes. We look forward to seeing you soon!