Picatinny Arsenal Tree Memorial Service. In response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Picatinny Arsenal honors the New Jersey service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice in support of the overseas contingency operations beginning October 7, 2001 and ending on December 31, 2014.
Following opening remarks by Brigadier General Alfred F. Abramson III, the names of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, listed in a photograph herein, were read by LTC Michael Cherry and LTC Patrick Farrell. It was a very moving ceremony and as the name of each falling hero was read, the momentary pause after their name allowed time to register the fact that that person will never return to their loved ones because they made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could be free.
Here is the assignment of Marines to the families:
They will be escorting the families of fallen Marines.
1) SgtMaj Rubio or the I-I Major: 1stLt Jason D. Mann
2) GySgt Mario Monaco: Sgt Matthew J. Fenton
3) Sgt Domenick Monaco: LCpl Brian P. Parrello
4) Sgt Russell Csigay: LCpl Jeffrey S. Stevenson
5) Sgt Louis Gomez: LCpl Michael Schwarz
6) LCpl Henry Zimmermann: LCpl Phillip E. Frank